SABA Z. NAQVI, BA JD
B.C., Canada, Barrister & Solicitor
California, USA, Attorney at Law,
*Associate Lawyer, Boughton Law Corporation practising as *Personal Law Corporation in BC
click here for contact info
Ms. Saba Naqvi practices in the area of U.S. immigration law and Canadian immigration law. Ms. Naqvi is a founding member of Boughton's Cross Border and Immigration practice group. She is licensed to practice law in the State of California and the Province of British Columbia, and is a dual citizen of the United States and Canada.
Ms. Naqvi is able to serve clients in 3 different languages: English, Urdu and Hindi ( आव्रजन वकील ).
Ms. Naqvi represents corporations and individuals in a wide range of U.S. and Canadian immigration and citizenship matters. Her immigration practice includes:
- applications for temporary and permanent residence, including applications for work permits,
- NAFTA based applications, including TN status and intracompany transferee applications,
- British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program (BC PNP) applications,
- immigrant investor cases for permanent residence in Canada - or -
- Green Card status in the United States,
- spousal sponsorships and citizenship matters.
- She also regularly represents clients with cross border inadmissibility issues , including U.S. waivers, applications for criminal rehabilitation and temporary resident permits.
In June 2009 Ms. Naqvi became the Chair of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA), Canada Chapter.
She authors the Immigration Chapter in the Annual Review of Law & Practice published by the Continuing Legal Education Society of British Columbia and is a contributing author for ImmQuest, a monthly immigration newsletter.
Professional and Other Activities
- Chair, American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) Canada Chapter, 2009-2010
- Vice Chair, American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) Canada Chapter, 2008-2009
- AILA New Members Division Chapter Representative, Vancouver Immigration Lawyers
- Member, Immigration Section, Canadian Bar Association, BC Branch
Member, American Bar Association www.aba.org
Member, North American Pacific Asian Bar Association
Saba Z. Naqvi,
Speaking Engagements and Publications
- Author, Annual Review of Law & Practice, Immigration Chapter, Continuing Legal Education Society of British Columbia [CLE www.cle.bc.ca]
- Contributing Author, ImmQuest, Immigration Newsletter, Thompson Carswell
- Contributing Author, Immigration Law Reporter, Third Series, Thompson Carswell
- Speaker, Immigration Law & Employer Compliance, Cross Border Immigration & Inadmissibility, Vancouver, British Columbia, Lorman Education Services
- Speaker, EB-5 Immigration Investor Program in the United States, Filing an Application Step by Step, Vancouver, British Columbia, Pacific Corridor Enterprise Council
- Undergraduate Studies: B.A. from University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Law School: J.D. from Southwestern University School of Law [www.swlaw.edu], Los Angeles, California, USA
[n.b. info fr. State Bar of California, Friday, May 29, 2009 State Bar Web Site
Attorney Profile for:
Saba Zahra Naqvi - #219984
Current Status: Active
This member is active and may practice law in California
6/3/2002 Admitted to The State Bar of California, USA
2006 Called to Bar, British Columbia, Canada
Copy of home page of AILA, American Immigration Lawyers Association, Canada Branch aila-canada.org website -- which Saba Naqvi, BA JD is organization Chairperson from June 2009 to ... return to top of page
See Also Information On Other Multilingual / E.S.L. Lawyers-Attorneys Below
- Punjabi-English Speaking Lawyer(s) such as Dilraj (Dil) Gosal, BA JD LLM Criminal Defense Lawyer and Personal Injury Lawyer, with 2 law degrees from Washington State and New York State law schools, Dil Gosal is a cross border lawyer, practising as a barrister & solicitor in Surrey/Metro Vancouver, BC as well as being a licensed Criminal Defense attorney in Washington State, USA.
Dil Gosal's office is in Surrey part of Metro Vancouver BC - see his website at GosalLaw.com
Note: Gosal is available for DUI (driving under the influence...) police charges, as well as some specialized Immigration representation work and has a toll free telephone number available on his website.
Reference Notes: Punjabi / Panjabi Language Has 3 Written Script Versions: (ਪੰਜਾਬੀ in Gurmukhi script, پنجابی in Shahmukhi script, Pañjābī in transliteration)
Legal Information Reference Sites
Bruce Harwood, BA MA LLB
Canada Immigration Lawyer
Vancouver, BC, Canada
represents both corporate and individual clients in a variety of matters under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, the Citizenship Act and ancillary legislation such as the North American Free Trade Agreement and Canada Chile Free Trade Agreement as well as provincially based nomination programs.
Read his article Expecting Visitors to British Columbia for the 2010 Winter Olympics? Know Someone Who Wishes to Work or Move to Canada? - Read this first!
Published at www.Lawyers-BC.com
Ms. Shelina Shariff, BSc, JD · B.C. Metro Vancouver Personal Injury & ICBC Claims Lawyer
See this Urdu Hindi English Speaking Lawyer website
व्यक्तिगत चोट वकील
in Metro Vancouver BC, Ms. Shelina Shariff, BSc, JD (Texas www.stcl.edu Houston's oldest law school), who also has working familiarity with: Gujarati ગુજરાતી , Spanish and Punjabi languages. Ms. Shariff is an associate lawyer with the firm of Learn Zenk, barristers & solicitors based in Burnaby BC LearnZenk.com
Return to home page of LawyersWorld.org
Australia Legal Sources
- UK Legal Sources: England & Wales
- USA Legal Sources
- Canada Legal Sources
Legislation Acts & Regulations
- Canada Immigration Law
- Canada Criminal Defence Law
- Canada Personal Injury Law
- Official website of the United Nations in the field of international law
American Society of International Law