B.C. Business-Immigration Law Firm with
26 years experience with Business Immigrants: Entrepreneurs / Investors /
Self Employed Persons
from over 65 countries come to Canada!
B.C. Vancouver Board of Trade Business & Immigration Seminar:
HELP WANTED: Foreign workers may be the solution to your [business] staffing issues
Jeffrey S. Lowe, Chief Inspirational Officer, Lowe and Company, Canadian Immigration & Business Lawyers
Craig K. Natsuhara, Senior Associate, Davis & Company LLP
One of the major issues facing businesses today is the shortage of skilled workers. The booming economy has brought unemployment to historic lows and this economic strength, when combined with demographic trends such as the aging workforce and inter-provincial migration, has led to a serious skills shortage in B.C.
Companies need to find innovative solutions to address this problem and foreign workers may be a promising option. But how do you sort your way through the maze of applications for Labour Market Opinions, Work Permits, Provincial Nominee Programs, NAFTA Work Permits and at the same time deal with multiple government agencies? It can be overwhelming to say the least.
This seminar will introduce you to the various routes you can take to bring foreign workers into the country. It will provide an overview of the options available, how long the different routes take and what procedures are involved.
You will learn:
* Timing and scheduling for bringing foreign workers into the country
* How to recruit and bring in foreign trade workers
* How to bring accountants and other professionals in under NAFTA
* Options to hire or retain foreign workers who are already in Canada
* Permanent residence versus temporary working status
* 10 myths about hiring foreign workers
* How to deal with complications
Who should attend:
Company senior management, business owners, human resource managers, in-house counsel, headhunters, recruiters and others who face the challenge of finding skilled employees to fill vacant positions.
Date: Thursday, June 29, 2006 [NOTE THIS IS ARCHIVED INFO]
Registration: 7:30 a.m.
Program: 7:45 - 9:45 a.m.
The Coast Plaza Hotel & Suites, Stanley Park
Denman Ballroom - 1763 Comox Street
$60.00 + GST
Table of 6
$432.00 + GST
$85.00 + GST
Table of 6
$636.00 + GST
Go to current 2009-2010 events page of Vancouver Board of Trade www.boardoftrade.com/
Jeffrey and his team are able to serve clients in different languages: English, Mandarin, Cantonese and Taiwanese and Teochew 潮 州 话 (Chinese Dialect). His affliated immigration consultants work regularly in Arabic and Nigerian languages
Lowe & Company represents corporations and individuals in a wide range of Canadian immigration and citizenship matters. Their immigration practice includes:
- applications for temporary and permanent residence, including applications for work permits,
- NAFTA based applications, including intra company transferee applications,
- British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program (BC PNP) applications,
- immigrant investor cases for permanent residence in Canada - or -
- spousal sponsorships and citizenship matters.
- Jeffrey has represented clients with cross border inadmissibility issues , including U. S. waivers, applications for criminal rehabilitation and temporary resident permits.
Professional and Other Activities
- Member of B.C. Law Society
- Member, American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) Canada Chapter,
- Member, Immigration Section, Canadian Bar Association, BC Branch
- Creative Founding Director of Lawyers-BC.com one of Canada's oldest and well used lawyers directory services
Jeffrey S. Lowe, B.Comm., LLB
Speaking Engagements and Publications
- Author, professional development seminar materials for BC Continuing Legal Education Services[CLE www.cle.bc.ca]
- Speaker, Vancouver Board of Trade 2006 Presentation [see above] on Canada's need for skilled trades mean/women to assist in the building construction and resource industry, eg. mining, boom in B.C. and Alberta 2007
- Member of Canadian Bar Association Advisory Committee, to the B.C. Government's Provincial Nominee Program for business/entrepreneur immigrants 2008
- Bachelor of Commerce Degree from University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
- Law School: Bachelor of Laws LLB Degree from University of British Columbia, Law School
- Sept. 1983, Called to Bar, British Columbia, Canada
Sorél Leinburd BA, MComm, LLB,
Reg. Trademarks Agent / Lawyer for Intellectual Property, Trade Marks, Information Technology / Ecommerce and other Business Legal Services Vancouver
A business lawyer with a focus on information technology, intellectual property and corporate/commercial law.
Sorèl is a principal with the firm of Kerr Redekop Leinburd. His practice focuses on information technology ("IT"), intellectual property ("IP"), and corporate & commercial law.
Sorèl's IT experience includes computer software development agreements, technology licensing, a range of internet and e-commerce agreements, distribution and representative agreements, confidentiality agreements, employment and consulting agreements. His IP experience covers trademarks, trade secrets and copyright matters.
On the corporate and commercial side, Sorèl's experience includes company formation, shareholders and partnership agreements, sales and acquisitions of businesses, financing, commercial leasing, corporate restructuring transactions, and a broad range of business contracts.
Sorèl's clients include small and medium-size businesses and entrepreneurs at all stages of development including start-ups and growth companies. Representative clients and their scope of activities include software and hardware development, technology development & manufacturing, technology marketing, food, clothing & product manufacturing, commercial real estate holding companies, and professionals including medical doctors, dentists, architects and lawyers. Sorèl is also regularly engaged by other lawyers to provide professional services to their clients.
LAW FOR THE INTELLIGENCE
Kerr Redekop Leinburd
#410 - 1333 W. Broadway, Vancouver, BC
V6H 4C1 Canada
email: firstname.lastname@example.org web: https://leinburd.com
Bruce D. Redekop
Vancouver lawyer, focused on providing practical legal solutions for business and entrepreneurs venture plans, including dealing with commercial leases, business plan reviews.
If you are:
- starting or developing a business venture;
- acquiring or selling a business interest;
negotiating a deal or contract;
hiring employees, contractors or agents;
encountering change in your business;
in need of sound legal strategy and advice;
... count on our expertise for positive results.
See Bruce Redekop's website at VenturesLaw.com.
Florence T. Wong, BA LLB Vancouver lawyer fluent in Mandarin and Cantonese Chinese
In 2008-2009 Florence is an instructor University of B.C. Continuing Studies Program
UBC Certificate in Canadian Business Essentials
Presented in Mandarin.
Serving community clients in Mandarin & Cantonese Chinese & English
Florence T. Wong,
Barrister & Solicitor
Kerr Redekop Leinburd & Boswell
410 - 1333 West Broadway,
Vancouver, BC V6H 4C1
Tel: 604-734-4554 Email: email@example.com
TORONTO ONTARIO CANADA IMMIGRATION LAWYERS
JEREMIAH EASTMAN, BA LLB
Canada Immigration Applications, Advocacy, Appeals & Litigation Lawyer
He joined a mid-size law firm in the GTA with 11 years experience as litigation counsel for the Department of Justice Canada, Immigration Law Section in Toronto where his client was the Minister of Citizenship and Immigration. In 2008 he opened his own law corporation in Brampton.
Called to the Ontario Bar in 1995 - he has appeared before all levels of Federal & Ontario courts, as well as various tribunals of the Immigration & Refugee Board of Canada.
He is a member of the Canadian Bar Association, Immigration Law Section, and the American Immigration Lawyers Association.
His practice covers both Canadian and U.S. immigration law.
Eastman Law Office
10 Gillingham Drive, Suite 215
L6X 5A5, Canada
See Also Information On Other Metro Vancouver Multilingual / E.S.L. Lawyers-Attorneys:
Punjabi-English Speaking Lawyer(s) such as Dilraj (Dil) Gosal, BA JD LLM Criminal Defense Lawyer and Personal Injury Lawyer, with 2 law degrees from Washington State and New York State law schools, Dil Gosal is a cross border lawyer, practising as a barrister & solicitor in Surrey/Metro Vancouver, BC as well as being a licensed Criminal Defense attorney in Washington State, USA.
Dil Gosal's office is in Surrey part of Metro Vancouver BC - see his website at GosalLaw.com
Note: Dil Gosal is available for DUI (driving under the influence...) police charges, as well as some specialized Immigration representation work and has a toll free telephone number available on his website.
Reference Notes: Punjabi / Punjabi Language Has 3 Written Script Versions: (ਪੰਜਾਬੀ in Gurmukhi script, پنجابی in Shahmukhi script, Pañjābī in transliteration)
Legal Information Reference Sites
Jeffrey S. Lowe
Chief Inspirational Officer
LOWE & COMPANY
900 - 777 West Broadway
Canada V5Z 4J7
Naseeb Kahlon, JD - Canada immigration lawyer in downtown Vancouver, able to serve clients in English, Punjabi and Hindi आव्रजन वकील . For more information about her services CLICK TO HER PROFILE
Return to home page of LawyersWorld.org
- UK Legal Sources: England & Wales
- USA Legal Sources
- Canada Legal Sources
Legislation Acts & Regulations
Government of Canada, Department of Justice - Consolidated Statutes and Regulation
- Criminal Law
- Intellectual Property Law
- Wills Estates Probate
- Canada Immigration Law
- Canada Criminal Defence Law
- Canada Personal Injury Law
- Australia Legal Sources
- International Treaties
- International Law
- Official website of the United Nations in the field of international law
American Society of International Law